I have been thinking a lot this past week of why I blog and of all the wonderful women I have met thru my blog!
Who would have thought you can actually make friends? by blogging and reading others blogs?
I started my blog initially, so my out-of-town family (in Texas, North Dakota, Minnesota, Santa Maria, CA, and other states) and my friends (in Hawaii, Ventura, CA) can see the kids and how they have grown and changed over time (since I suck at taking pics or having them taken and sending them to people!).
Then, I participated in Friday Fragments, hosted by Mrs. 4444's and then I did a Sundays In My City, hosted by Unknown Mami and I went to so many different blogs in so many different places, it was truly amazing! I love participating in these two meme's!
I only have a few friends, real friends. My sister (she lives about 10 minutes away), My Little Miracles (also 10 minutes away), my old boss Deb, Caty in Hawaii, Shari my friend from high school and that is all. These women know me. They know what is going on in my life: good, bad or indifferent. They are there for me to cry to when I need a shoulder. They are there for me to pick up the phone and call them and ask them something lame, LOL.
Now, I have oodles of women I call friends! I can post about all the wonderful stuff going on in my home and I can also e-mail some of you about the sensitive stuff. It means a whole lot to me, more then any of you will ever know! Well, know you will know!
I was talking to my son's Specialist Teacher and Speech Therapist last Friday when they came to the house. I was telling her all about my blog and even pulled it up on the computer, to show her some pics on there that I had posted (the Desperate Housewives post, LOL) and I told her that there are many women who blog from all over the world and I get to read their blogs, and explained SIMC to her. She was amazed. I also told her that it is nice to have people you can talk to about anything and they are not going to judge you, at least I have never felt judged, and they are going to give you feed back or tell you they know someone who has been thru that or whatever, they will relate one way or another. It is a great way to network and make friends.
That is what got me wanting to write this post.
So, a huge shout out to all you bloggers that I have come across!
Your friendship means the world to me, know you know!
3 comments:
I know how you feel. I had several really great friends in college and grad school and it's never been the same since. And I don't live near any of them. I don't know why I haven't been able to make any great friends in the last 10 years but I honestly just haven't. It's nice to get to know others, and especially without the judging. :) Thanks for sharing.
I am so honored to be called a friend! you truly are a good friend! Even thou we had not talked in many years what 20? it seems like we picked up almost where we left off at. We have both changed in so many ways and have raised wonderful respectful children! God has truly blessed us! I read each and every one of your blogs and just love all the pics! Being that I am not one to blog. Ya know i am one of those who does not want everyone all up in my business.
I am so glad to have a great friend like you back in my life. At least you understand when I bring up the High school drama that is back in the life. Who needs it right!
I have very few people to call my friend but you are a genuine friend!
Oh my I am babbling! I had better stop!
Have a great day!
Shari~
"the dork"
I'm so happy I found blogging-the community is wonderful. Right now, for example, Hallie (who lost her son last week) is being lifted up by hundreds of people through their prayers and kind thoughts. I feel so much richer from having made so many friends here, including YOU :)
Post a Comment