Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spit ~ oh how I hate it!

My wonderful 2.5 yr old has decided that spitting is his new thing as of late. He does it when he is antagonizing his sister or Ginger Girl...He does it when he is mad....He does it when he is about to get into trouble for doing it in the first place!

I cannot stand it!

I have smacked his face and he continues to do it. I have used hot sauce and he continues to do it. I have put him in time out and he still does it. Time out on the wall or in his room, no matter he still does it. I have explained to him in his language how gross it is and how I can't stand it and he still does it!

I think we have entered what people quite commonly refer to as the "terrible two's"! oh and I hope this is the worst of it, because I don't quite know what else he is capable of or what I am able to endure.

He is the most awesome person to cuddle with in the mornings. I love to lay with him in my bed and cuddle with him. He holds my face so lovingly and chatters baby talk to me! It is so sweet to wake up to this! Or sometimes I am already awake and I go to him and try to cuddle in his small bed and well that is hard, so he will tell me, "I want to go in this bed" meaning my bed.

He loves to get naked for his bath and go running full boar from our back bathroom all the way to the living room to Daddy and scream "neebie cheebies!" which is his term for "nudy-patudy!" which is something I started with Serena when she was a baby and naked getting ready for a bath or out of the bath and getting dressed. So, he does this and I usually have to come and get him and have him get into the tub.

He loves going from room to room looking for his "Sis Sis" which is Kylie and his "Bro Bro" which is Hayden and "Chote" which is Serena...he is such a good, loving kid....when he is NOT spitting!

He is also very polite when asking for hot cocoa. He says I want hot cocoa and I ask him to say please and he does. Then after I make it, hand it to him and he says "thanks Mom!" if I pucker up he will always so willingly give me a kiss and a hug!

I pray every morning for God to please watch over my family and friends and to help them make the right decisions, and for Brandon this must specifically be to not spit! and I also thank God for my family and friends. It is a great way for me to start the day. So, if you pray, please pray for Brandon, he needs it and so do I.

1 comment:

Twins Squared said...

Sorry to hear about the spitting. It seems I Remember my older girls starting that but they were a bit older so we were able to nip it in the bud pretty quick because they didn't like getting in trouble for it. Otherwise though he sounds really sweet! I'm sure he's just experimenting with what he can do and he probably enjoys the attention he gets from you. Ashley is into screaming in the car right now. She thinks it's funny and everyone else is yelling at her to stop. She could care less about the rest of us. Even Reagan, the other 2 yr old, scream at her to stop. We all tell her it hurts our ears, but she just keeps doing it. Sigh.