Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Friday Fragments ~ Ants, Lizards and Glasses

I have many different drinking glasses. I have wine glasses, flutes for champagne, ice tea glasses and about 2 dozen or so martini glasses. (I don't drink martinis, but I loved the cactus on the stem of one set and the other sets, well the stem is bent in a weird way and I love it). So, when I am drinking my water during the day or my juice, I will grab one of these glasses, otherwise they really don't get used. So, if you happen to drop by and I have a martini glass out, and it is the middle of the day, NO I am not drinking martini's, but I am probably drinking water!


~~~


We have 3 baby Gecko's. One is darker then the rest, he is a pig. He eats the most crickets and the most worms, he probably craps the most, too. One is sort of pink and yellow, he is mine. He is sketchy and runs around the tank a lot and makes his body into an S, and tries climbing the walls. The last one, is the same color as mine, but has different markings, stripes rather then the squares mine has, and is quite calm and cool.


They are supposed to get along. They are not aggressive animals...or so I was told. Today, when it was time to feed the little dudes, I start dropping the worms in like bombs and the Pig starts eating right away. Out from the "house" mine peeks out and I drop a worm for him. He grubs on it. I drop another one for the other lizard...not sure if he got it or not. So, this goes on for a while, I drop it and the Pig eats it. The last one I drop, the Pig grabs it and mine grabs half his face, including his eye! and takes the worm right out of his mouth! The poor thing had no clue as to what happened, expect he was chomping his worm any longer. Maybe my lizard wants to be the Pig of the tank!


Then, when I was putting the top back on the tank, there was my lizard, making his body into an S stuck to the wall...I swear he is neurotic...


~~~


I don't like it when my kids don't listen. I keep telling Serena if she would listen to me the first time I told her to do something, she wouldn't get into trouble.


I took the kids to the park (the one I used to go to when I was a kid) for an hour. We had a blast. We played on the jungle gym, we went on the swings and we even saw 4 young girls in beautiful dresses with their dates, (going to Prom)...


We walked around the park and found sticks and pine cones, to which I told Serena to not pick up, I could see it was full of sap. I told her to drop it and she kept picking at the sap. I told her it was sticky and it was called sap and to drop it, she didn't listen.


Finally, she dropped it. We get to the van and I take a dipe wipe of all things, and wipe her hands and the dipe wipe STUCK to her hands! in little white tufts all over her fingers. So, I grab the hand sanitizer and rub her hands with my hands. Big mistake. Now my hands were sticky! So, I rubbed mine more with the hand sani...got her in the car seat and drove home. (My van has built in child seats where she normally sits. I also have a car seat that I use for my Ginger Boy sometimes, this is the seat she chose to sit in on the way home, which is by a window that opens, a wing window.) I tell her on the way home, as I look in the rear view mirror at her, DO NOT STICK YOUR HANDS OUT THE WINDOW you will get my window sticky and I might shut the window and squish your hands...


You can guess what happened. I pulled into the drive-way and I am a creature of habit, so I start shutting the windows and she screams! I say what's wrong???? and she screams MY HAND!!!!! so I panic for a split second and then open the window and she pulls her hand out.


Man...that totally ruined our day. Her hand was fine, not even a mark on them, I think because I got the window open fairly quick...

~~~

I don't like ants, can't stand them. We have had them on the honey, in our bathroom, in the kitchen, on the floor by the kitchen table, in our bedroom on the wall, you name it they have been there.

I woke up one morning with ants on my wall, near my bed....gross. So, I clean them up and notice more later in the day....they were crawling from the window down the wall to my shoes and I noticed one in my shoe...so I grab my shoe about to kill the ant and I tip it just the slightest and holy crap! Batman, we have mega ants in my shoe eating a single piece of cereal! I was grossed out and had to dump the ants outside...so much for letting the kids eat a snack in my room while watching a movie...but that is all it takes, one single piece of something dropped on the floor to get them ants comin'!

Brought to you today by MRS. 4444's!

Now go over to her blog and read some more wonderful randomness!

Come on it's fun!

Mommy's Idea

6 comments:

clew said...

Your geckos sound awesome! I'd love to see pics, have you ever posted any? I suppose if I wasn't so lazy I could look around here ...

LOL @ the ant scenario.

Glad the little hand wasn't hurt!

Happy weekend~ FriFrag visiting :))

Killara girl said...

we have those ants more and more here too...i have to keep remembering to rinse the honey jar...before i open it!

i don't know why kids don't listed...you'd think they would learn....i never dare not do what my mother told me....i don't know how she threatened me...but it worked! i guess i should ask her really. have a great weekend

mimbles said...

The geckos sound like lots of fun.

I bet Serena doesn't leave her hand out the window in the future! It's such a horrible feeling when one of your kids screams like that - I've done the car door once or twice and they've done it to me once too.

Have a great weekend!

Coby said...

Okay, I'm only laughing because Serena wasn't seriously hurt, but the hand out the window scene is hilarious!

I love martini glasses too! But I don't drink martinis. They're just so pretty!

Claudya Martinez said...

I found an ant in my cleavage. Dead! I suffocated it.

Carolee Hollenback said...

My neighbors two doors down have a huge anthill in their front yrad by the road....the house between us gets ants quite often (and the house is super clean!)

My house is (ummm...) not as clean, but we rarely have ants.

Praise the Lord!

Visiting from Friday frags.