Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday Fragments

Here is another post on FF (Friday Fragments). I love this kind of post, so random!

I love these kinds of decorations! Don't you?




~~~

I love Reader's Digest! I love the jokes and the articles. I don't get a lot of time to read, but this is something I really enjoy!

~~~

We have had rain, hot sun and Santa Ana winds all in ONE week! For those of you who don't know: Santa Ana winds are hot winds, not cold ones. SO, needless to say, all my kids and my Gingers (AKA Ginger Breads) are all snotty, sneezing and coughing...wonderful!

~~~

Love Glee! Just started watching last season on the computer to get caught up since the new season starts on Tuesday! I can't wait!

~~~

Conversation between me and Serena on our walk:

Serena: Mom, you know, Sophie is real cute. She is bigger then Brandon.

Mom: Yes, she is cute. She is older then Brandon, I think she is already 3.

Serena: Well, you can understand her better then Brandon. She talks more and she is animated.

Mom: (trying not to laugh) umm Serena did you say animated?

Serena: Yes, Mom.

Mom: Do you know what animated even means? (still trying not to laugh)

Serena: No Mom, but I will tell you what it means tomorrow.

I was rollin'! So I tried to explain it to her but by that time we were already at our destination! She has quite the vocab for a 4.5 yr old.

~~~

You always need to be careful with what you say to your kids. For example, whenever Serena says she "hates" something I always correct her and say, you shouldn't hate that is a strong word, say you don't like. So, driving in the car in a town I cannot stand! I say, I hate driving here and she says, no you don't hate Mom, you should say you don't like to drive here! hahahahah see she is listening to me even though sometimes I think she is ignoring me.

~~~
I love Spring! I have noticed some really pretty purple flowers in my flowerbeds outside. I will have to get off my butt and take some pics and post them. Some of them in the backyard, I have never seen before! I need to get some flowers this weekend to plant. Some friends of mine have their "gardens" already planted! Like, tomatoes, bell peppers and cucumber...we did strawberries and jalapenos last year and oh yes the Pineapple Sage (any ideas of what you do with this stuff??? Hubby grabbed it on accident..LOL) we got a few strawberries but not much and the jalapenos, well they weren't hot, so I dunno if I want to plant veggies, maybe I should do herbs...?
~~~
My sister has 7 month old twin boys. She recently got their pics taken and they were wearing ....onsies that say, "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" I want to post the pics so bad on here! I will have to call her and ask her permission. When she told me she orderd them I was like oh how cool and so cute! I couldn't wait to see them, so cross your fingers that she will let me post them on here, you won't be disappointed!
~~~
Ants have invaded my kitchen! I couldn't find the honey...until way late in the day and the kids wanted peanut butter and honey sammy's....so I am looking in the freezer to pick out something for dinner, and low and behold the honey was in there! and frozen ants in the ice cube tray! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
guess they found the honey quick and my hubby wanted them dead, fast!
Brought to you today by:
Mommy's IdeaNow go over and read some more randomness!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow so much to read so little time to write!
Love the art pics! where is that at?

I love the santa ana's especially when they blow my hair in my face and I can't see. But hey my hair keeps the dust out of my eyes!

Funny how our kids repeat us when we think they are not listening. i guess they do listen to us after all! Better be careful what we say!

as for the garden. . . Well lets see I already have a buch of lettuce 30 heads to be exact 6 different types, Zucchini, Butternut and Acron squash, Beets, carrots, Hot yellow peppers ( weel that is what the tag said) Tomaotes will go in after tax day ( someone told me the ground is too cold till then to wait) and plant them in a hole that covers all the stock but the bottom leaves) will be getting more peppers Caribbean and ring of fire are really hot! as for what else well I am not sure yet but I will let you know when it is time for a food fight!

OH NO ants in the pants! Frozen ants are easier to clean up but in the ice EWE! and oh no they had better not touch my honey!

well I enjoy reading your posts and seeing your pics! Keep it up!

Shari~

Rebecca Jo said...

Man - Readers Digest has been around forever... but it never gets old, does it? My dad still will call me & tell me jokes or stories from it!

I hope you get to see that Thing 1 & 2 picture up... bet its great!

Carolee Hollenback said...

I Love Readers Digest, too!

Love the Thing 1 & thing 2 idea, too!

No garden here for a while- we had to light the coal stove again. temps in the 80's one day, 30's a day or so later!

Viisiting from friday Frags

Traci said...

First off, I am Such a Glee-k!Can't wait -- two more days!!!!

I love the conversation with "animated". They say the cutest things sometimes, don't they? My son and I have that exact conversation re: the word hate. I won't let him say it so he is very quick to correct me. LOL

:-)
Traci

Cyndy Bush said...

I love Reader's Digest too, my mom buys me a subscription every year.
Love those decorations, I want to learn to make those kinds of things.
I love your stories of what your daughter says! SO cute, I miss those days when my kids were little!

Twins Squared said...

Random comment - I want to watch Glee but can't fit in any more shows! I can't even fit in DWTS and I really want to! Oh well.

Mrs4444 said...

Thank goodness the men know what to do about those danged ants! We had them, too, but they're finally gone.

I would love to see the pic of Thing 1 and Thing 2! :)

Maybe google the pineapple sage??

The mosaics are beautiful, a treat for the eyes :)

Have a great weekend!