Friday, February 26, 2010

FF (Friday Fragments)

I am amazed all the time at the beautiful relationship my oldest son has with his younger siblings!

~~~

I could hardly believe it as I left Target...on my way to the car, a full basket and Serena walking next to me. This lady, first cuts me off to get past me, I say "excuse me" and smile and go on my way. Well, she is now in front of me, going down the same aisle we are, to the van. She goes into an empty spot next to my van and pushes her cart in front of my van, she just happens to be parked next to me. Her car is parked the opposite way of my van, so she pops open her trunk thing, not sure what she was driving, not a car, but not an SUV....and puts her stuff in the trunk and then gets into her car and leaves her cart in front of my van! The shopping cart thing is just across from my van, I always try to park near them so I don't have to leave the cart by someone elses car....oh it just pissed me right off! So, I grab her cart and return it to the thing in hopes that she saw me doing it. I don't drive a new van, it's an '05. I take care of it by vacuuming it out and having the big kids give it a bath, but it is my van and I don't need any more scratches in it because some lady is lazy and can't walk an extra 10 feet to return her cart! oh some people! When I told my hubby this story, he asked, "Did you tell her what's up? I would have! I would have said, "look lazy Bit** you can't leave that cart there, can you get it away from my van???" Jeez, wish he was with me that day...
~~~

I am a huge 24 fan, I just love Keifer, I think he is a great Jack Bauer...My hubby and I got my parents hooked on this show last year. Now we have something to talk about every week, I love that! Although, I think my hubby is right, eventually they will get rid of Keifer and have Freddy Prinz, Jr do his job, or do the job like him, you know use him more...kinda like when they got rid of Pierce Brosnan for James Bond....
~~~

Have I mentioned that I love to cook? Some women I know don't like to cook, but I love it! I also like to bake, so I started a new blog Easy Peasy Recipes, and if you have a recipe you would like me to post on this blog, please, by all means send it to me, and I will post it and link back to your blog. Just make sure it is a recipe you have actually made before, that way if people have questions I can direct them to you for the answer. I love to eat, too! I am a vegetarian, but I do cook meat from time to time. I have been one for oh crap, 20 years already! Hard to believe, but it's the truth. My husband has become one, too. Due to health reasons and I must say he likes my veggie food, the chicky nuggs as I call them and the ribs in that wonderful sauce, yum!
~~~

I am still doing laundry and keeping track of how many loads I am doing, this is my Science Experiment, remember??? :)

~~~
American Idol, lets see, I love Ellen~ she brings a lot of new comments to the show and Crystal Bowersox is my fav girl and my fav guy is Andrew Garcia. I am happy neither one went home this week!

~~~

I had the honor of going to a baptism this week. My sister has 4 kids (5, 2.5 and 6 month twins) and she and her husband had them all baptized! Plus, her husband got baptized. It was a wonderful event and I loved seeing my nieces in their dresses and the boys in their little white suit outfits! I respect my sister, so I can't post any pics, although I would love to!

~~~
We had rain earlier this week and then a nice sunny day! I love nice weather, where you can get out with the kids for a spell...
~~~
have I ever mentioned ....we have a sand box and it is bittersweet for me....while the kids are having fun playing, throwing the sand, I sit and think....oh what a mess they are making and I dread getting the sand out of their hair...
~~~
I took my 2 older kids to Sea World when they were small, well 4 and 6...we had a great time. Just reading that one of those killer whales killed a trainer and it is not the first one, it is the third one makes me NOT want to take my children....just thinking about it makes my stomach turn, they should NOT have those killer whales in tanks, they should be in the ocean where they belong. I blame the humans not the whale...
Head on over to Mrs. 4444's for more Friday Fragments and see what others are saying!
Mommy's Idea

4 comments:

ck said...

I park near the cart-things at Target too! (I would also have probably kept my mouth shut and spent the rest of the day dreaming up witty retorts. Damn those selfish people!.

Claudya Martinez said...

I blame the humans too.

The shopping cart story got me pissed off as if it happened to me. Ugh!!! I wouldn't have said anything either. Although I will speak up amongst people I know, it's not worth it to me with a stranger because they might go crazy on me.

Mrs4444 said...

I like Ellen, but I was hoping she'd be funnier on Idol. I'm going to miss Simon...

That they all got baptized together like that is beautiful. I'm sure they'll never forget it.

Not sure if this is what you meant as to recipes, but here's one that is SUPER easy and delicious: http://mrs4444cooks.blogspot.com/2009/02/taco-soup.html

I agree on the whale thing, and I think that by going to Sea World's whale shows, people are reinforcing the bad idea; whales belong in the ocean.

Thanks for joining in this week! :)

Carolee Hollenback said...

I am always taking back my cart PLUS one or two others.

I know Wally World and other stores hire people to do this, but they are often young kids or seniors and terribly underpaid.

If everyone took responsiblity for their own cart, life would be grand :-)