Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

I wanted to do a post earlier this week and it just didn't happen, what else is new? So, I was on the phone with my Mom last night and she told me there was a real good article in the Acorn, (our little paper that is free and comes every Friday) about Scott Fujita and if I have time I should read it.

For those of you who don't know who Scott Fujita is let me tell you: He was our neighbor when I was a kid, my sister used to babysit him and his brother from time to time. He is now a linebacker for the New Orleans Saints! How exciting is that???!?! I know/knew someone famous! LOL

This article is good and I wanted to share some of it with you:

"Fujita has become a key player in the Saint's defense, as well as being named Man of the Year 2009 in recognition of his charitable work."

"The Saints named Fujita the team's Man of the Year in 2009 for his ongoing work with a number of charitable organizations, including his involvement with the Adoption Services of Catholic Charities of New Orleans, Crimestoppers of New Orleans and the Susan G Komen Foundation, a charity established to research breast cancer."

"He began his NFL career with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2002 and spent three years there, with a year in Dallas in 2005, before coming to New Orleans in 2006"

Now you can see why I wanted to share this with you! I am proud to have known this man and I hope he does well today in his game!

I took parts of the article from The Acorn, article by Jeffrey Dransfeldt

2 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

That's awesome!

SARO Arabic said...

Yes awesome pets, awesome family. Nice looking at your wonderful Sunday :)