Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I Got a Crown, Now What?

I wrote about having to get a crown, here. So, today was the wonderful day I got to go back to get my crown...

On my way home, I was thinking of doing a post on it, but then I realized it was going to be a negative thing, just me complaining, since I generally don't like going to the dentist. I have a great dentist and hygienist, they are nice and gentle, not rough. I generally have had a wonderful experience at the dentist and today was no exception. I just don't like my mouth to be messed with, since I have never had anything done to it, except braces when I was a kid and then my usual every 6 month cleanings...

So, after thinking about all the negative stuff I could complain about, I started thinking about all the positive things, all the things I should be grateful for, all the things that God has provided me, that I usually just take for granted...

My family ~ I still have both my parents and one grandma! How lucky is that? Most people my age don't have a grandparent still alive. I know my husbands grandparents had passed away when he was still a kid. I have my in-laws and they are wonderful people. They are both alive and doing well, they are healthy and thriving, soon to be in their 80's. I have one sister and she is healthy and married and doing well. I have my children, and they are all healthy. What more could I ask for? I read an e-mail from a friend of mine. It was about her friends son, he has some kind of tumor that they think is cancer and he needs a surgery that they don't do often and they have to slice him from his neck all the way to his stomach....I prayed for that family.

Blogs I read ~ Yes, I am happy I have blogs of fellow women in all kinds of different places, of all different nationalities and with different upbringings, that I can get a peek into their lives and imagine life in their shoes. Sometimes, it is hard to read the blogs with the children who are sick and need chemo treatments. So personal and so touching. There are blogs that I read that just make me laugh, and some times I need it.

God ~ I am so grateful I have God in my life and in my children's life. I really think I am lucky to be where I am in my late 30's, healthy (most of the time, LOL ok maybe only during the warm months and then I still seem to be snotty!) and to know that God has always been by my side, no matter what. Even during the times when I was not even thinking of him, just myself, like when I went thru my divorce... I am glad I pray and believe in the power of prayer.

Food, shelter and clothing. Yes, I am grateful for these things. I am always telling Serena to eat her crust whenever she eats a sammy, since there are starving children. She doesn't understand that there are children out there who don't have food to eat, they don't have a choice of what they get to eat...and when they do get food they just eat it, they don't complain, because they are hungry. Shelter, I am grateful I have a roof over my head, once again, thanks to my parents. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Life is good. It could always be worse. But today I am grateful for all these things and more. Like being able to see, smell, feel, touch, taste and hear. I also thank God that Brandon can hear out of one ear, and that he is not deaf in both ears. That took me a long time to come to terms with. I thought I had done a complete post on his hearing or rather lack of. I did not. In a nutshell, he has what is called auditory neuropothy in the left ear. Meaning, he can hear what is like static when tuning in a radio station that doesn't want to come in. Some days he can hear better and other days not so good. We don't know what days are good or bad until he can communicate more and tell us. So far, he is progressing very normally. He has had no difficulties with learning or motor skills. He has a teacher that comes to the house one time a month, has since he was 2.5 months old and so far no learning disabilities. I am thinking he may have some issues when he starts school, he will have to sit on the "hearing" side so he can hear the teacher and he won't be able to chit chat during class or he will miss what the teacher is saying. The only time he has experienced an issue is in noisy places. He looks lost. But, other then that, he is fine. Again, I thank God he can hear out of one ear.


Life is good! :)

1 comment:

Claudya Martinez said...

You're right, life is good!