Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday Fragments ~

As always, this has been brought to you by Mrs. 4444!

Friday Fragments are designed to get all that "stuff" outta our head, so we can enjoy our weekend, right?

So, this is my older kids last week of school...finals and getting out early and then summer! YAY! I know they are both happy to have some free time on their hands...now to figure out what I am going to do with them...hmmmm...maybe have them help me babysit??? j/k

~~~

VBS is next week at our church, Vacation Bible School. They always have a cute theme and it is only 10 bucks! and this includes a cute T-shirt for the kids, that is so long, it could be a dress! This will be the first year Serena is going all by herself. In the past, Kylie and McKayla (my step-daughter) have helped out, for the past 2 years. This year, McKayla is not coming for the summer and Kylie doesn't want to help out, so Serena will be all on her own, something she is not used to at all. I know, I know, cut them apron strings already! She will be in for a rude awakening when she starts school in the Fall, so I have to prepare her now...

~~~

Remember, last week I told you all about the killer movie deal place??? Well, I can beat that! Our local movie theater is having FREE movies all summer long! On Tuesdays and Wednesdays starting at 10 in the AM they have movies like Curious George, Charlotte's Web, Planet 51, Madagascar 2, Where The Wild Things Are, Surf's Up and Ice Age, just to name a few! Some are people movies that I know the boys won't be interested in seeing, but the cartoons, oh bring it on, I know what we will be doing a few days a week! Now I will just have to remember to bring some snackies in my purse, because I am not spending 20 bucks on pop-corn and drinks, no way!

~~~

My son, my baby boy, is so strong he can open my van door...and shut it. That is just what he did and then couldn't open it...and was in the van crying and screaming for me...He was not in there long, since we were at my parents house, I cannot loose sight of him for they have a pool and that day it was not covered, yet, we had just gone swimming and didn't cover it..so the second I realized he was not with his sister in the room playing, I booked all over looking for him, calling his name and I heard this muffled scream, crying for MA MA MA MA MA MA...guess I won't win the Parent Award this week, will I?

~~~

Had to take my parents to the airport. No biggie, I have driven there countless times and I know how to get there and home, no problem...except this time...My dad tells me at the last minute I should take this other way home, it will be quicker then the freeways...and I took his way and got lost, for 40 minutes, with both Serena and Brandon in the van...I got all red on my chest (for those of you who don't know, when I get really, really upset, I get all red and blotchy on my chest, it is not very attractive!) I got that knot in my throat and tears in my eyes, I had a pit in my stomach...but I held it together for the kids and to get the Hell outta Dodge! I had to stop for directions and I was able to get back on track and make my way home...it was a little discouraging when I asked for directions at a gas station and the cashier area was enclosed in bullet proof plexy-glass...and I have never looked at those signs, with the arrows that say which lane to be in, the way I did today, utter happiness!

~~~

I am super bummed that the Lakers lost their game Thursday night...but they will have a chance to redeem themselves, right? GO KOBE!

~~~

I have so much in my brain right now, I can't even sort thru it...guess I just need to do one day at a time and one issue at a time. I know God doesn't give us more then we can handle, but man sometimes I really have a hard time believing this.

~~~

My son, Brandon, is deaf in his left ear, for those of you who don't know (he has what is called Auditory Neuropothy which means he hears noise out of that left ear, like trying to tune in a radio station that doesn't want to be tuned) and most days I don't even think about it. He has a specialist teacher and I have put posts on here and here in the past. He has developed quite normally, whatever that is, and he doesn't qualify for services once he turns 3. This should make me happy and it does, sort of...I am scared for the future...what if I miss something...I mean it is great he won't need services and I know if he does or I have questions I just have to make a phone call. But, I am so used to his Specialist teacher and his Speech Therapist coming to the house for the past ...almost 3 yrs. This week, we were on our walk and he covered his "good" ear when we went by 2 houses where there were gardeners, they had weed whackers and they were loud. I kinda got sad at that...then another time he told his dad..."this ear doesn't work" and pointed to his "bad" ear...he has to know, he must be educated that his hearing is not the same as everyone else...so I just pray that he will learn and hear what his teachers are trying to teach him.

Brought to you by Mrs. 4444!

Mommy's Idea

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Aw, poor little guy, I bet he was scared in the van! Was he in a hurry to leave? Maybe he learned a good lesson.
Free movies all summer sounds great! I need to check to see if any of our local places are doing that.
Hope the VBS goes well!
Happy Friday!

Doreen McGettigan said...

Poor little guy; must have really scared him. Isn't that panicky cannot find a child feeling the worst ever?
We have a theatre here that is showing free kids movies on Tuesday's through the summer. I'm sure they are hoping to make money selling the junk..but I'm with you..I back pack the junk!
Happy FF and have a great weekend!

4 Lettre Words said...

You have such a beautiful family!!

Our VBS is in July...which always seems to come at just the right time for me. :o)

Have a wonderful weekend!

Coby said...

That feeling of not knowing where your kid is is horrible!!!! Poor little guy! I "lost" Baby A last summer, thought he had run out the door and down the street...turns out he was hiding in a closet, and wasn't answering when I called. Stinker!

Carolee Hollenback said...

Scares the be-jesus out of you when you can't find your child.

Glad everything is ok.

Poor Brandon, but it sounds like he's dealing ok with the bum ear.

Have e great weekend!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I don't get red and blotchie when I get nervous, but my heart beats so loud that I can't believe no one else can hear it. My mom always tries to tell me the "new way" and I am forever trying to get back! I'm so happy that you got home safe.

Kristin - The Goat

Cyndy Bush said...

I get the red blotchy chest too. It's so lovely!
I can only imagine how scary that was. But stuff like that has happened to all of us!
I'm praying for you, hope things settle down for you.
xoxo

Mrs4444 said...

OMG-Sounds like you had some sad/scary moments this particular week! That van thing must have scared the crap out of you! I'm glad you got to him in due time.

You will just have to watch him closely and make sure adults who work with him (teachers and recess aides, etc. when he goes to school) know about his hearing issues. It'll be fine; if he needs services again in the future, they can always reevaluate :)

Sorry it took me FOREVER to get here!