Friday, December 5, 2008

Specialist and Speech Therapist come for a visit

I realized I have not updated the blog on Brandon's teacher visits. So here goes:

The specialist and the speech therapist came today. Here are the notes from the speech therapist:

Brandon played with several objects at a time. He followed directions and played appropriately with ball, blocks, car, cup, ect. He babbles short syllables with inflection similar to adult speech and uses 5 to 10 words. He imitates words. Language development appears age appropriate per informal observation.

Here are the notes from the specialist teacher:

For adaptive self-care, his skills are of a 20 month old. For personal/social adult interaction he is at a 23 month old. Self concept and social role, 24 months. Communication receptive, 16 month old. Expressive is 15 months. Gross motor skills of a 22 month old. Fine motor skills of a 25 month old. Cognitive attention and memory of a 21 month old and perception and concept of a 19 month old.

So, in a nutshell, that is how my baby is doing! Not bad at all. I was very pleased with the visit and I am glad he is doing well. I continue to believe he will do fine until he gets to school. Then he will really have to apply himself and listen when the teacher is talking....

No comments: