Meet Zoe, my cat...she is 14 yrs old! She likes to lay around the backyard and front yard. She has not killed a bird in a long time, she is too old to react fast...
Meet Chloe, my Pug! She is also old, around 10 yrs old...she is too old to react to much stuff going on in the yard...she, too, likes to lay around and relax, most of the day. Unless the kids are outside, then she is running around with them.
Earlier this week, I heard this horrible screeching sound, coming from my backyard, no less, and there is my cat standing there and this bird is dive bombing her! and she is not even trying to get away or even swat at that damn bird. So, I go running out there to scare the bird away and then I see another one! So, there are 2 birds being mean to my cat, who is too old to react and the dog, who is also too old to even bark or try to scare them away!
So, I spent the majority of my morning, chasing birds away from my poor cat, throwing rocks (and missing I might add, I have horrible aim!) and I even threw the dogs hairbrush and almost nailed one bird!
I had to leave to pick up kids from VBS, and I was sad for my cat, she just laid there....when I got home the birds were still there, tormenting her! So, I let her in the house for a while, until I thought they may have gone away.
I was wrong. They are still out there and are there every morning and all day long, this entire week!
I keep meaning to get the water gun from my parents house, so I can nail those birds once and for all and hopefully they will get the hint they are no longer wanted here.
They do chirp and sing really beautiful songs, when they are not dive bombing the cat. Then they do that horrible screech!
My arm is sore from throwing things at them, so like I said, it is a jungle out there!

So, I spent the majority of my morning, chasing birds away from my poor cat, throwing rocks (and missing I might add, I have horrible aim!) and I even threw the dogs hairbrush and almost nailed one bird!
I had to leave to pick up kids from VBS, and I was sad for my cat, she just laid there....when I got home the birds were still there, tormenting her! So, I let her in the house for a while, until I thought they may have gone away.
I was wrong. They are still out there and are there every morning and all day long, this entire week!
I keep meaning to get the water gun from my parents house, so I can nail those birds once and for all and hopefully they will get the hint they are no longer wanted here.
They do chirp and sing really beautiful songs, when they are not dive bombing the cat. Then they do that horrible screech!
My arm is sore from throwing things at them, so like I said, it is a jungle out there!

3 comments:
Our kitty kat is named Zoe too! How cool!
And i'm not sure to be happy or sad at your terrible aim--poor kitty!
Aww, I feel so sorry for your cat.
Poor kitty. I have a very old dachshund girl, she is 17 years old. We rescued her a couple of years ago thinking we'd keep her comfortable for her last weeks or months...but she's still ticking!
Your pets are so cute.
Post a Comment