Thursday, June 3, 2010

Friday Fragments ~ Lakers, Water World and Temps

I love Friday Fragments! Get the brain clean for the weekend and for the new week, thanks to Mrs. 4444's for hosting!

My sister had the strangest thing happen to her...her temperature dropped to 93 degrees! I will keep you posted on that...

~~~

We recently went to Universal Studios (again!) and this time we saw the Water World show. You sit in this stadium like thing and there is this huge pool as the stage, long with ladders and props. You get wet like a lot!The kids enjoyed it, so much so, that Serena told Ginger Girl today..."we will play Water World, you can be the girl and I will be the bad guy and I will shoot you"...I was rollin' when I heard her say that because that is what happened in this show. Good guys and bad guys and one good girl and they shoot at her. They have the most awesome special effects and they use lots of water crafts. Brandon didn't enjoy it so much. I think it was too loud for him, only hearing out of one ear. He wasn't crying, but just wanted out of there, so we left just before the end.

~~~

Lakers won the 1st Play Off Game against Boston, 102 to 89! I am a huge Lakers fan! You can go here to read that story and about Fantasy Basketball. I won't bore you too much here, if your not into basketball or Kobe, but for the record, KOBE ROCKS!

~~~

I am scrambling to read Eclipse, you know that book from the Twilight Saga! I have to finish it by the end of this month, so I can go see the midnight showing with my daughter! I can't wait.

~~~

I have a friend who is a year older then me, late thirty's. She has been going thru some major medical stuff to find out what is going on with her. She shakes all the time and is super cold all the time. Her Dr first put her on Beta Blockers and that slows her heart and makes her more cold. The poor thing has to wear thermal shirts and like 3 jackets to work and have a heater on...Then her Dr ordered blood work, 16 viles! at one sitting! I hope he is checking a bazillions things...that is a crap-load of blood. Then, he ordered her to gather her pee for 24 hours. Then an MRI and then to a neurologist for some brain test. Like I said, major medical stuff. So, please, if you pray can you add her to your prayers. I will keep you posted on this when I know something. Thanks!

~~~

I found this movie theater that is just up the freeway from here. Tickets are 3 bucks to get in to any show! On Wednesdays, you and a buddy ( that is what the website says, so it doesn't have to be a "date") can go to any movie after 6 PM for 10 bucks for both of you to not only get in, but you each get a pop-corn and a soda! Can we say deal?



Mommy's Idea




6 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

That is an amazing movie deal!

I'm curious to know what's going on with your sister's temperature.

Peek Thru Our Window said...

Holy movie deal BATMAN!!!!

I would go a LOT.

Keep us posted on your sis!!

(um, just noticing i have said exactly what Mami did--er, good minds think alike?)

Melani said...

Thanks for the concern with my sister! It really was the strangest thing, her temp dropped and she was totally out of it! Delirous, I can't spell it but you get my drift...it did go up to 96 later that day, but she was still going to see her Dr. I will keep you posted!

Twins Squared said...

Sorry about your friend. My heart really goes out to anyone having such health problems.

As for your kids pretending to shoot each other, mine found a toy gun and handcuffs and taught my 2-yr-old to say "hands up!" They also pretend to kidnap their mermaids in the bathtub and then string them up, CHOP them up, and turn them into stew. And they think that is hilarious! I find it a bit disturbing but I just let them play. Kids will be kids, right? That's kind of how they deal with stuff.

Cyndy Bush said...

That is a good deal on the movies. We have an old theatre near us that shows movies for $5 on the weekends and $3 on Mondays. But we always forget about it!! Ugh.
I hope everyone is ok with all the medical stuff going on.
xoxo

Coby said...

Oh my gosh! Is your sister okay? That's crazy!!!

What a great movie deal! Hubby and I go to a movie about once a year - it's just so expensive, but that deal rocks!