Have to share this story: My oldest (17) goes to school where kids that have been in trouble get to go when they no longer (for whatever reason) get to go to our local high schools.
That being said, our city's finest, frequent the school, (for whatever reason). My son's friend, (who is only 15 and he has a bad stutter and he has a few mental things going on, his mom is not around, his dad used to beat him and he has scars all over his body from the abuse, he is in a home for teens) was at school the other day and tossed a package of Ranch near a cop.
Ok he shouldn't have tossed anything at the cop, I get that...but then what proceeded to happen is just BS. The cop basically beat the crap outta this kid, broke his nose and hand-cuffed him and had 2 other cops come over to hold him down!
Did I mention the kid is about 5 ft 9 inches and 110 lbs? and the cop is shorter then this but way bigger! This is no way for a cop to treat a kid, if you think someone is going to hit you, and your a cop, you block the punch right???? RIGHT!
Well, this cop did not and acted like an idiot, in my opinion.
My son and tons of other kids witnessed this police brutality....so he and 3 others (he convinced 2 of the 3) wrote statements on what they saw and turned it in to the school. This bothered him A LOT.
I have seen the cop that did this and I have had a chance to deal with him last summer when he decided to stop me while pushing the stroller with my youngest and my oldest son was with me, we were on a walk to the video place...he was a jerk then so I am sure he was a jerk now!
I told my son the best thing he can do is pray for his friend and the situation and that I would pray, too.
Will you please say a prayer for this kid and the situation?
Thanks.
2 comments:
Absolutely. I'm sure that was traumatic for him. Jeez...
That is ridiculous. Of course I always teach my kids to respect cops, etc., but I think we've all come across some that can be real jerks - even to the nicest of people!
Post a Comment