Serena got a Portal Prayer book from church last night. For those of you not familiar, a Portal Prayer book is a small paper bound book that has daily devotions in it. Hers has April 1st to June 30th, 2010. So, we aren't quite ready to use it.
Brandon got jealous, as usual. So, I grabbed the other book we have for the months of January to March. We have not been reading from these, but we should. We read the ARCH Books at night.
So I went to today's date, March 25th and started to read it to the kids: "What will occur in nine months? Christmas! March 25th is the anniversary of Jesus' miraculous conception in the womb of the virgin Mary."
Wow! What a profound statement!
It made me think back and remember when I got Hayden and Kylie baptized, it was this date, March 25th, 2001!
I wanted it to be a date I would remember. This date in our church history is a wonderful one.
Then I get to thinking how close Christmas really is!
1 comment:
Sounds like a good book! I may hove to get some for my little nephews!
I still don't know my log in info so oh well I will just sing my name~
Shari~
Post a Comment