Thursday, May 27, 2010

Someone is Learning to Swim!



Serena has started swim lessons.

They are on Saturdays. She loves them! Her class is small, just her, Gwen and Gavin. I like it this way because the kids really get the one -on-one attention they really need from the teacher.

She is a Sea Horse! How cute is that? I really think she will be swimming by the end of her lessons. She has no fear of the water and always has a huge smile on her face when she is in the water.

Hayden learned to swim when he was 4 or 5 and Kylie learned when she was 3. I think my children are part fish! They all love the water and none of them have ever been scared, thank goodness! Especially since my parents have a pool.

It will be nice to go over and swim at Grandma and Pop's this summer and to have one less kid to worry about! :)

9 comments:

Peek Thru Our Window said...

I bet living in California, this is a TOP priority.
Up here, kids don't fully learn to swim till about 5 or 6.

Twins Squared said...

I hope she takes it up quickly. Like the first comment, it is a top priority in TX, yet I feel like this is taking forever! I invested so much time in money in swim lessons (which I could do myself if I actually thought my own kids would listen to me). Anyway, just frustrated about swimming today. I go back and forth, one day I see it coming together (I mean to the point where I don't have to worry about them AT ALL anymore) and then the next day I feel hopeless. One more hard summer, here we come, and then next year it should be different. (But I thought that last year!) Grrrr....

Sorry, not trying to rain on your parade, just venting tonight. She looks cute! And I love seeing those precious tiny bodies in their tiny swim suits learning to swim!

Killara girl said...

that is a small class..i used to love going to the pool with my first 4... every day during the summer first thing in the morning, such a nice way to start the day...enjoy!

Cyndy Bush said...

What a bunch of cutie pies!! I hope they enjoy it.

Traci said...

Yay for swimming! My son started classes last year and loved them. He is going back this summer and my daughter is starting as well.
I would live in a pool if I could!
:-)

Unknown said...

My oldest is part fish, I'm sure. She's been swimming very well since she was 3 and she's 8 now. I wish my younger two were like that, they haven't taken as well to the water, it makes me a nervous wreck! They are 5 and almost 4 and I still have them in life jackets in the pool. I'm hoping this summer will be a turning point for them.

And...THANKS for the blog award!!! It's my first one ever!!! Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

My oldest is part fish, I'm sure. She's been swimming very well since she was 3 and she's 8 now. I wish my younger two were like that, they haven't taken as well to the water, it makes me a nervous wreck! They are 5 and almost 4 and I still have them in life jackets in the pool. I'm hoping this summer will be a turning point for them.

And...THANKS for the blog award!!! It's my first one ever!!! Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

My oldest is part fish, I'm sure. She's been swimming very well since she was 3 and she's 8 now. I wish my younger two were like that, they haven't taken as well to the water, it makes me a nervous wreck! They are 5 and almost 4 and I still have them in life jackets in the pool. I'm hoping this summer will be a turning point for them.

And...THANKS for the blog award!!! It's my first one ever!!! Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

My oldest is part fish, I'm sure. She's been swimming very well since she was 3 and she's 8 now. I wish my younger two were like that, they haven't taken as well to the water, it makes me a nervous wreck! They are 5 and almost 4 and I still have them in life jackets in the pool. I'm hoping this summer will be a turning point for them.

And...THANKS for the blog award!!! It's my first one ever!!! Thanks again!!