Thursday, May 6, 2010

Check Engine Light???

As you know, I babysit 2 Gingers (and I mean that in the most loving way possible) so I am able to stay home with my 2 little ones.

I usually have my Gingers Mon-Thurs with Fridays off and I have them the occasional Sunday...So this week, I have today (Thursday) off instead of Friday.

I do errands on these days off, mainly to get food and pay bills or take care of stuff that I cannot do while working (babysitting), because who wants to haul 4 kids around? I don't, so I haul my 2 around and that is a job in itself.

Today's list:

1. Stop by the dentist office for paperwork regarding Mommy's crown (I used our Benefits card last week and the Benefits people want proof it wasn't for cosmetic work...
2. Kohl's to return a pair of pants I got 3 week ago for Serena, they are too small (btw Kohl's is a good 20 minutes away)
3. Oral surgeon where Kylie had surgery done earlier this year (they keep sending me the bill and it should be going to her dad...but that is another post entirely!)
4. Costco - milk, bread, trail mix, bananas and pancake mix
5. Home for lunch
6. PetCo for kitty kat food - she is 14 yrs old and needs special thousand dollar bags of food
7. Target - vegetarian food, condiments, cereal, zip lock baggies and hand soap

A lot to do in one day, trust me I know!

So, when at #5 the engine light came on as I pull into the driveway, I am like What the Hell!?? I also notice the gas light is on, which is nothing new.....I figure after lunch and after Brandon naps I can check the water and see if that is what the van needs...

I check the water and the level is fine. I don't know squat about vans so I didn't know what to do next. I have places to go people! I can't have this van take a dump on me now! Off to the gas station for gas and I was hoping beyond hope that the light would magically go off when I put gas in like the gas light does! But no!

Off to my brother-in-law's to have the van checked out! In the meantime, Kylie will miss her piano lesson (I am not taking the two little ones to a car shop, no way) I need her to stay here and babysit. I don't have removable car seats they are built into the van, so I need my kids home, not stranded at Grandma and Pop's! Although my mom does have car seats in her SUV, I don't know where she is and I would hate to have her have to take them home. Plus, they are loud and Kylie would have had a horrible piano lesson with them running around, being kids, to say the least!

Wish me luck that my van is not really taking a dump, because that would truly suck!

1 comment:

Twins Squared said...

Oh so sorry. What a big pain in the butt. I feel your pain. One day it will be easier. I hope the car thing gets worked out with minimal effort. Sounds like it's been that kind of a week for a lot of people. Hopefully that means it will be a good weekend!