Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Serena Potty~Training

Well I am happy to say that Serena is actually taking an interest in this potty training business!

Grandma DD bought her some "Disney Princess" panties a few weeks ago from Target. She wore a pair and peed in them and that was the end of that.

So, I had noticed that her size 5 diapers were getting full and then she was uncomfortable, so I got her some Dora pull-ups, Feel and Learn things, and she has some generic Target training pants, so we are trying them.

I am also having her drink from a Barbie cup, a small plastic one, not a sipper anymore. So, before gym class today, I noticed some clean public restrooms and we went in there and WALA! she peed on the potty! I was so happy and excited for her! This is a first, in a place other then home.

She has gone sever times on her potty at home and she has even pooped in her potty, but never has she ever gone in a public one.

So, all day I kept asking her if she need to go and she kept telling me no. Well, later today we changed her pull-up for a new one cuz she peed in it and it was full.

Oh well, so sometimes I think the pull-ups are just a new thing to pee in, they glamorize the potty training, but oh well. I will try again tomorrow!~ :)

I know, you must be thinking, I have 2 other kids that I did this with, but man, I can't remember how it went except that Kylie kept peeing on the floor when she had to go, and Hayden, well he was easier to train then Kylie.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember that sammy was still using dippers until she was 5yrs old. But she hasn't had an accident since. Oscar stopped at age 1, but here and there has a oopsy.So don't worry, it will just take time.There is no perfect kid.