Just wanted to say that Brandon is finally potty-trained!
I tried potty-training him back last year, when he turned 3, for 2 weeks I ummm put him in pull-ups and that didn't work.
I tried again at the beginning of the year, again for 2 weeks and that didn't work.
So, I decided to wait a while. I thought he was ready back when he turned 3 but wasn't ready to stop playing to go.
Then, a friend of mine told me a trick she did with her kids, Poop Toys. She got some small toys and had them out so the kids could see them and told them if they pooped on the potty they can have a Poop Toy. It was working like a charm for her, so I thought I would try it with Brandon. Haha he did poop on the toilet one time and got a Poop Toy and then he crapped in his underwear.
On Easter, he decided to pee in the toilet all morning but by afternoon he was done.
So, about 2 weeks ago, I woke up and said no more diapers, period. oh and no pull-ups either. I got out the Spider-Man underwear and the Toy Story underwear and put him in them. He peed in them every time the first day. The second day, I got smart and took him to pee every 30 minutes or so. He did great!
Then came the poop thing. He went in his underwear again. So, I emptied the dirty drawers in the toilet and gave them to him while he stood in the tub. He cleaned them and himself. He has not had to do that again! He goes #2 every time in the toilet. I give him a Poop Book to read and leave him alone to do his business and it works like a charm!
He has had only a few accidents and he has woken up DRY every morning, oh except that one morning when he was running a fever...so, I am almost done with diapers at night! YAY!
Just wanted to share some good news with ya'll!
3 comments:
Yay!! Great news! I finally had to up the ante with Ashley too. She's getting too old and I had to just start letting her have the accidents for her to to stop. It's pretty much worked. Today I let her go in her panties to the church nursery. She actually insisted but they don't change them there so I was worried about it. But I certainly wasn't going to tell her she had to wear a pull-up. So I guess we're beyond that!
Now I'm going to let her get better and then maybe in July I'm going to take all the pull ups away at night too (for 3 of my girls!!) Hoping it will work. Even though they're almost all potty trained now we're not completely diaper free. I can't imagine really.
Yeah, when FireGirl regressed in her potty training, we gave her some space. But after two months, when she still showed NO interest, we bought some toys at the dollar store, and those became her rewards. It's worked pretty well. She's progressing. Slowely, but surely.
And I've told her I'm not buying any more diapers. Once these are gone, she's in pull-ups only. Period.
WOOHOO!! Congrats!
A couple of years ago, I had an 8th grader who "accidentally" peed in his pants on a regular basis. The secretaries felt so sorry for him, they would give him a clean pair and take his wet ones to wash for him. I got wind of that an put an end to it; told him he could do it himself. He got to use the washing machine in the home ec room, but he was too lazy even for that--one time was enough; he never had an "accident" again. [rolls eyes]
Post a Comment