Saturday, June 4, 2011

Camarillo City Limit

First, let me tell you this: I moved to this city way back in 1978. I have been in the same county since then and I moved back to this city in 1998...and I just love living here.

About a month ago or whenever it was, I went to the bank for my usual business and on their back counter was this wonderful picture.



I asked about it and was told that someone had donated it for a raffle...for The March of Dimes for Babies...something I know nothing about...so I said, well it is a great picture, I would love to have it. So...


I bought ONE stinking ticket for ONE dollar and I WON! I was so excited when I got the call...I left right away to pick it up.


So, now here it sits on my wall, I am so proud! I am not sure why so much, but I was happy to win something that I wanted so bad and my donation went to a wonderful cause. I now know:


When you walk in March for Babies, you give hope to the more than half a million babies born too soon each year. The money you raise supports programs in your community that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. And it funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten our babies. We’ve been walking since 1970 and have raised an incredible $2 billion to benefit all babies.


This information is from the website, http://www.marchforbabies.org/why.aspx.

1 comment:

Mrs4444 said...

I love it, as well as the cause :)