Well, for whatever reason, I discovered that kosher gelatin is in the yogurt I was buying for me and the kids. So, about a month ago, I found some at Albertson's that don't have kosher gelatin in it.
For those of you who don't know, kosher gelatin is animal bones, either pork or beef. So, being a vegetarian this really grossed me out. I continued to buy the yogurt for Hayden and Kylie, since they liked it and are not vegetarian, and I bought the Albertson's brand of yogurt for Serena and Brandon.
The other day, here is what Serena said to me: (oh and I never sat down and told her about the kosher gelatin in the yogurt, but she must have over heard me talking about it)
Serena: Can I have that yogurt? (points to the yogurt on the top shelf, the one with animal bones in it)
Me: Sure (getting the yogurt for her)
Serena: Does it have this in it? (points to her arm)
Me: (thinking hard about what she means....) Oh you mean bone???
Serena: Yes
Me: Well, it has bones in it, but not human bones
Serena: oh....(starts eating it)...What kind of bones?
Me: Ummm, animal bones, either pork or beef, cow or pig...
Serena: oh (still eating yogurt)..how do they get the bones in there?
Me: Oh I suppose they grind them up
Serena: Oh, grind them up....(still eating the yogurt)....Can I taste the bones?
Me: I don't think so, since the yogurt tastes good, right???
Serena: Yeah, (stops eating yogurt) I think I am done with this...Can I have the other yogurt without bones???
Me: Sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment