I get this paperwork in the mail the other day, in regards to her starting school:
Early Start is: 8:10-12:57 (ok weird times, huh?? Why can't they go from 8-1??? I don' t get it...)
Late Start is: 9:10-1:57 (again, these weird as ass times, I don't get it!!!)
They all take lunch from 11:30-12:13 (again weird ass times, why can't they go from 11:30-12:15?)
They get out at 11:55 on a Minimum Day schedule, (again weird ass times, am I missing something here?)
Grades 1, 2 and 3 is: 8:10-1:57 ( so I see she will have weird ass times ahead, too...)
Grade 4 and 5 is: 8:10-2:55 (need I say more? about weird ass times??)
Every Thursday 1:57 Early Dismissal for 1st thru 5th grade
Totally. Weird. Ass. Times. This should have been the name of this post, huh?
So, it gets a little more weird, if the times are not weird enough...
I get another paper, a Dear Parents of Incoming Kindergartners...Welcome to our school and blah, blah, blah. This year we will have extended, staggered day programs (just to mess with you parents of new students, I think!)
School starts Sept. 1st. The schedule for Sept. 1-Sept. 3: all kindergarten students will attend school from 8:10 until 11:55.
Sept. 7th -Sept 24th: All kindergarten students will attend school from 8:10 until 12:57. During this period of time, there will be one afternoon that your child will stay from 1:00 to 1:57 for assessment. Your child's teacher will schedule this with you at the beginning of school.
Sept. 23rd - Parents will be notified which staggered schedule their child will be attending.
Sept. 27th - Staggered Day Schedule Begins.
Weird Ass Times!~
Then they want to invite me to the Kindergarten Orientation with your child on the first day of school...(are you kidding me???) They want me to get there at 8:10 and stay until 8:45 in my kid's classroom...(ummm what for??) to give me the opportunity to meet the teacher, experience part of the program, ask questions, and meet other parents (I don't have time for this kind of crap, is that bad?? don't judge, but I just don't have the time...I work too, even if it is from home, I babysit...I have to go to work just like other parents). Then, get this, following the orientation they are having a friggin' small reception (really???) in the courtyard for parents from 8:45 to 9:15....and it says, and I quote, "If you can't attend, please send someone else in your place such as your child's caretaker or grandparents." WTF is that????? Someone really needs to either slap me so I can get with the program or I guess I need to switch schools already!!!!!
Do you guys have this much "stuff" when starting Kindergarten??? Please share your story with me, so I don't feel so alone!
As for Kylie, she is 15 and will be a Sophomore, easy peasy with her. I fill out the Emergency Card and send her with a check for a PE Lock and PE clothes and call it good...I don't even have to take her to her "Sophomore Pick-Up" where they go and get their schedule and locks and order PE clothes, her friend, Randi (whom I totally adore!) will be taking her, so there!
1 comment:
That is messed up! I DO have a mound of paperwork, school start/end times this year changed from 8-3 to 8:10-3:10 but that is due to district bus schedules. No times listed for anything that don't end in 0 or 5! That is ridiculous.
And everything but school itself is in the evening AND optional. Kindergarten last year had a reception in the morning for parents but it certainly wasn't required! People work! That is crazy. But I'm sure it will all be fine. Good luck!
Post a Comment