I am an X-smoker, so I am probably the worst critic. I smoked from the time I was about 12 or 13(sorry Mom and Dad) until I was 19 and got pregnant with my first child. Then I quit and had my second child. I didn't smoke again until I was 24 and my first marriage was obviously falling apart...then we divorced and I was a full-fledged smoker...hiding it from my kids and all...or so I thought.
I had met my second husband while I was still married...I know, I know, oh well. I didn't cheat on one for the other, so I really don't care what people thought. My second husband, Ponch, he is allergic to many things, cig smoke being one of them. I didn't know this until later, but we would go out on dates and I would smoke before getting in his car, poor dude! I never smoked in front of him, but always after we had gone out...so he knew.
We got more serious and he told me, quit smoking or I go....so just like that I quit cold turkey. I have not smoked since and it has been over 10 years...I have not even thought of how long it has been since right now writing this post, in fact I had to ask Ponch how long it has been, LOL
I try not to complain when I smell cig smoke....like when I am out walking with my children and we pass someone smoking, usually Serena will say something about the smell and I just tell her yes they are smoking and she knows cigs are bad for you and blah blah blah.....I go to the liquor store by my house all the time, for our beers or soda or candy or the occasional milk or even eggs and I walk on the opposite side of the alley from the smokers at the bar right there...sometimes if the wind is blowing just right, it gets in my hair and my husband will start sneezing....
So, my neighbor smokes, LIKE A TRAIN!!!! He always has since I have moved here in 1998...and I am sure he always will...but my problem is: he goes right outside and smokes in his front area and the smoke just drifts over here and into my windows...it sucks! I wish there were a nice way I could complain to him about it, but I am sure I would just be a bitch and then cause problems....AGAIN with them, so I say nothing. I usually just close the windows but today, the weather is super duper hot, like 87 so there is no way I am shutting them, I guess we just have to deal, I just hate it for my children and the Gingers, doesn't he know 2ND HAND SMOKE KILLS!!!!! OK I feel better I got that off my chest.
Now for the Cell phones...yes I have one. Yes, my older kids, 17 and 15 have one (but their dad pays for them...) and my husband has one, my dad has one and my mom has one (although it is never on, sorry Mom, but it is the truth, LOL) so yes I am all for them...EXCEPT for when you are driving, esp texting while driving, and when you are working...yes at your job! Unless you are a babysitter, daycare, like me, or if you use headphones and are driving...or your not dealing with customers, people, ya know?
Not when you are working retail, like at Target...totally unacceptable. I have found employees at our local Target (sorry Target, but I have to tell it like it is) on their cell phone or texting when they should be helping customers....
Also, at our liquor store, aka, LS. Like I said earlier in this post, we go there alot, it is more then just booze they sell, it is more of a convenience store, so when I go, I expect the workers to TALK TO ME, NOT ON THEIR CELL PHONES! and the past 2 times going both workers (one chick and one dude) have been on their cell phones. I was so mad, I could hardly buy my stuff, the chick was talking in her native language, almost ignoring me completely. And then the dude, he at least was a little better but it still pissed me off. I am the customer, make me feel like you are at least listening to me when I talk and take my money, don't disrespect me by being on the phone and talking to that person, DO THAT ON YOUR BREAK, that is what they are for...
Am I being unreasonable??? Please, fellow blogging buddies, tell me, if I am then I will back off, but as of now I am ready to go to the LS and complain to the Head Honcho, and tell him that his employees suck!
ok, really, now I feel better, thanks for listening!
3 comments:
I've never heard of a liquor store that sells all that other stuff!
I hate smoking so much. I was so glad when they passed the law here that people can't smoke inside any building. It's wonderful!
I hate when people talk on their phones while doing customer service as well. I also hate when people walk around in public on bluetooths. So rude!
You go girl! I don't think you are in the wrong at all. I've never been a smoker and I can't stand the smell of it. I'm all about cell phones and texting, but I agree, do it on your own time or when it's 100% necessary, otherwise, it's RUDE!
awesome post! my kiddos do not like cig smoke either!
Post a Comment