Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Letter Worth Reading

I hope you realized by now that the mood your were in when you wrote this was
caused by the terrible loss your family just experienced. You are still in shock
because Carlos did not have a lingering illness, he was taken so totally unexpected
and it will take time for everyone who loved him to learn to live without him. And yes,
it is a wake-up call for everyone to realize just how quickly everything that we take
for granted today can change.

You don't have to write in your blog right now, but I for one wish that you would
not cancel it because it is such a wonderful way to stay in touch and to share
and I would miss it a lot!!!! Your sharing like this makes the distance that
is between us disappear and it makes me feel close to you and your family.

Love you,
Ellie

This wonderful letter was written to me just this past Sunday from my Aunt Ellie. I asked her if I could post this and she said to please share! I found this e-mail touched me like no other. She wrote just what I was feeling and I put the words, "to learn to live with out him" in italics, it really is the truth, and I boldfaced that last part, which made me feel so good! So, thanks Auntie for the words of wisdom, I truly needed to hear that.

I also got another wonderful e-mail from my sister during this hard time. She said some really comforting things, late one night while she was cooling her yams for the boys! Her words just made me cry...but in a good way.

Thanks again to all my blogging buddies, to be here and support me during this hard time, I appreciate you all!

3 comments:

Coby said...

What a wonderfully encouraging letter from your aunt! I love it when people speak the EXACT words I need to hear!

I'm so sorry about your brother in-law - I don't think I told you that. Certainly it's always hard to lose someone, but I think when it's unexpected the shock of it is just so hard to deal with sometimes. Thinking of you and praying for you!

Cyndy Bush said...

How sweet of her to reach out to you. I agree wtih her completely!

Traci said...

I've been away a bit and I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my brother some time ago and I send much love to you.

I came to share a bloggy award which seems inappropriate now. Just know that I send my best to you and hope that all of you are feeling stronger soon. "Til then, just hold on to each other a little more tightly, say the things in your heart, and feel free to feel as you feel. Just be good to yourself!

All my best,
Traci