I love to write on my blog, but I just don't have time. I have some readers that long for more of what is happening in Serena and Brandon's Play House. I have mentioned before, this is the perfect forum for family who lives far away to be in touch with us, to feel that connection.
So, I decided to do a post entitled A Day In The Life...of me!
6:20AM: I open my tired, swollen eyes (lately these days) squint at the clock (I wear contacts or glasses and without either I can't see the clock beside our bed) and YAY! I think 10 more mins...
6:30AM: I am up, making the bed, getting my clothes ready. I have showered either the night before or yesterday..so no shower to wake me! Make Ponch a sammy and get coffee started.
6:45AM: Saying good-by to Ponch, Kylie has already left for the bus, so I missed saying good-by to her...scrambling to move the van...since it is behind Ponch's car. Let my kitty in (unless she slept in the house) feed her and put her out. Putting dishes away and washing some (IF the maid didn't come the night before, LOL)
7:15AM: Arguing with Serena, trying to get her dressed while putting on TV so Brandon can wake up on the couch. They are both tired as they screw around for an hour after being put to bed. Getting breakfast for her.
7:20AM: Making a lunch for Serena my Ginger Boy arrives~ this is the little dude I babysit. I chat with Ginger Mom for about 10-15 mins and then she is out the door. Finish getting Serena's stuff ready, her lunch, backpack, her water... grabbing a jacket, brushing her hair and teeth.
7:50AM: Out the door, taking Serena to school. The boys really drag some mornings! making it harder to get out on time, LOL
8:15AM: Changing night diapers and getting boys dressed for the day, getting breakfast or milk or juice...oh and remembering to brush their teeth! Doing dishes, putting PJ's away and brushes (I had to brush Serena's hair, remember?) and combs and hair detangler. Feeding and watering lizards oh and putting the lazy dog out. She usually sleeps in the house in her kennel until 11...most days.
9:00AM: Calling Mom to see if she wants to walk with me today. I put the boys in the wagon and we are off on a 20-30 minute walk, we usually go around 10, that way it is warm enough outside for them. Breaking up the boys...sometimes they fight! LOL oh and folding blankets (this is making Brandon and Serena's bed...)
9:30AM: Turn on the computer and read some blogs and leave comments, if I can...remember I have 2 three year olds running around! Think of stuff I want to write about...e-mail a few peeps!
10:00AM: Mom arrives and we walk! YAY! I love nothing better then getting out of the house and walking. The boys love it too! Get home and bring up a trash-can or two if it is Monday, trash day.
10:30- 10:45AM: Get the boys some snack if they didn't ask for one on the walk. Eat something, I am starving by now! Change diapers, sometimes poop...LOL I am trying to potty-train Brandon, but lately he just goes in the diaper ALL THE TIME! Starting laundry or putting laundry away...
11:00 - 11:30AM: Getting Ginger Boy lunch (he sometimes eats after his nap) and Brandon a sammy and then Ginger Boy naps...now I just have to keep Brandon quiet! LOL
12:30-1:00PM: I eat, make phone calls, pay bills or e-mail or just read stuff on Yahoo, I also cuddle with Brandon. This is our special time, our alone time!
LOL 1:15-1:30PM: Wake up Ginger Boy, as we have to leave soon to pick up Serena from school. Man, the time really flies around here!
2:15PM: Get home, take papers out of her backpack and get her something to eat. Serena never seems to eat enough at school, weather I pack a lunch or she gets hot lunch. I am thinking maybe they don't have enough time? I dunno...anyways, feed her and the boys a snack or something. Have Serena do chores, which consist of picking up dog poop and sweeping outside and helping Kylie do trash (but she can't do this chore until Kylie gets home)
3:00-3:15PM: Ginger Girl gets here, she is Ginger Boy's sister, who is also in Kindergarten and goes to a different school then Serena.The girls play or fight, LOL and sometimes Ginger Girl is hungry, so I give her a snack along with all the kids. The girls also have homework to do. Kylie comes home.
4:30PM: I think about what to cook for dinner, something healthy and balanced, most of the time, LOL If the kids are hungry I start dinner, otherwise I wait. Start chores, which are different every day, but consist of sweeping, mopping, cleaning toilets and sinks, doing dishes, dusting, and putting away toys. Ponch comes home :)
5:00-5:30PM: Getting dinner going, serving them and cleaning up. Getting dinner for Ponch and sometimes myself, depending on if the Gingers have been picked up. They are usually picked up by this time, more or less. Feed dog. Feed cat, oh she has come in numerous times thru out the day...LOL
6:15PM: If it is bath night, get the kids in the tub. If not, then I search for a movie and get PJ's on them. Continue doing chores if not already done, oh like that laundry I started earlier?!?!
7:15:PM: Get kids ready for bed, brush teeth, go potty. Say good-nights to Dad and Kylie, say prayers, turn on music, make sure they both have their flashlights. Hope they don't come out.. and that is what my day consists of! Pretty much, now you can see why I am so tired come 8:00 at night and I am ready for bed!
Some days we go outside to play if weather permits, other days we opt for a movie. Whatever we do, we are always busy in our Play House.

No comments:
Post a Comment