Serena: "Mom, what does nervous mean?"
Mom: "Umm, when you worry or think of things too much."
Serena: "Oh, ok then that is not what I am feeling. I miss Carlos." (for those of you who don't know, Carlos' story can be read here)
Mom: "Oh honey, we all miss him."
Serena: "So, God wanted to meet him, so he is in Heaven with God?"
Mom: "Yes, you are right."
Serena: "So, when God wants to meet you then you die and go to Heaven, right?"
Mom: "Yes, you are so right, I guess God wanted to meet Carlos when he died."
Serena: "So, when God is ready to meet Daddy he will die?"
WHAT do you Say to that?
Then, there is Brandon...let's see: what does he say? He says all kinds of things.
Like when Daddy is on a business trip, he knows he went in an airplane so he points to the sky and says, "Daddy is up there." and I try to explain to him that Daddy is not up there, but he doesn't get it!
He also has told me that he likes my hair, says it is pretty! Now I know that is one of the Dardest things a kid could say, but it was the WAY he said it.
Do your kids say anything profound? Please share.
1 comment:
Owen sometimes says things like, "My heart is with you because Jesus said so."
He has asked questions about death too. It's hard. I try to change the subject, which is a total cop-out.
I just want to say the right things.
Post a Comment