Thursday, September 16, 2010

Friday Fragments ~ Movies, Thank You's and Pox

Friday Fragments! Brought to you by the wonderful Mrs. 4444~ I love this meme.

This is my daughter's wonderful imagination, she has dinosaurs on the cardboard part that was from Brandon's Jeep, from his birthday...and then that dirt water pile thing, that is their watering hole, LOL


















~~~

Serena and Brandon went to Sunday School this past Sunday and I went to Bible Study...I was a little late 'cuz Brandon was not OK with me leaving...right away, but he was OK. Got a phone call on Monday, Brandon was exposed to Chicken Pox....nice, the first time they go and he gets exposed! None of my kids have EVER had the Chicken Pox...they all have had the shot for it. So far, so good, he is fine, knock on wood! LOL

~~~

I got a wonderful thing in the mail this week: A Thank You card from my MOM and DAD! They are the most thoughtful people I know! and I am not just saying this because they are my parents, let me tell you why: they hosted an end of the year type pool party, thing at their home for the little kids at the pre-school at our church and they bought: pool toys (I am not talking like 1 raft, I am talking like up the ying- yang of stuff for them to play with!) and they bought tons of sun-block, 'cuz that is how my parents roll! We took them to dinner last Friday night just to say Thank-You for all their support thru the year and they send us a Thank You card! How cool is that???

~~~

I have watched a few movies this week: Scream, Cat's Eye, Beetlejuice....all with my older kids, we had fun! I love Michael Keaton in that movie!

~~~

I have an Avon Lady, my friend, Tiff. I have known her since we were about 5 or 6 yrs old...long time, huh? and we both live in the same town, small world, huh? I find that we both are raising our children, (she has 4 kids, too) somewhat different then the way our parents raised us...for example, she home schools her kids and I am a stay-at-home mom, neither of our parents did this with us. I am just saying times have changed, I think. and I am feeling old...ok older, LOL

Mommy's Idea

Have a wonderful Weekend!

6 comments:

Coby said...

I love Serena's dinosaur set-up! That is too cute!

You know, I'm doing things waaay different than my parents did, as are a lot of my friends. In fact, I recently spoke with a former neighbor whose son is my age, and she said, "I'm pleasantly surprised to see you staying home with your kids." I just wasn't raised to do that - in fact, I was raised to do the opposite! I'm not slamming my parents - I think they did a great job! I'm just choosing to do things very differently.

Everyday Mommy said...

Visiting from Friday Fragments. My mom was stay at home with me but I still feel I am a totally different kind of parent.

Yeah, I'm feeling "older" too!!

4 Lettre Words said...

I was just saying to my husband, "What happened to Michael Keaton?" Those are fun movies! We recently watched Ghostbusters with our oldest. He loved it!

LOVE your daughters imagination...and cute-as-a-button to boot.

Have a wonderful weekend. XO!

won said...

A thank you card for a thank you dinner?

Very cool.

Kristin - The Goat said...

My niece has a whole collection of Styrofoam pieces that she uses as her props for playing - it's so cool. I know I loved to play with a box :) It's a great skill to learn lol

Have a great day!
Kristin - The Goat
via FF

Mrs4444 said...

Love the diorama! :)

No sign of the pox yet, I hope! (I think we're still in the incubation period?)

Your parents are so AWESOME!! :)