Thursday, September 9, 2010

Friday Fragments ~ Colds, Jeeps and Silver Fish

Here is yet another addition of Friday Fragments! I love to do these, so thank you so much to Mrs. 4444's for hosting, yet again another dose of Frags!

***************

My mom and dad got a new Jeep Rubicon this week! Isn't it awesome??? Needless to say, my husband is now in love with it and wants one!! I had to remind him, he has only had his car just over a year and a half, so I think he needs to keep it a little longer...







***************

Ok can anyone please, please tell me: Who in their right mind sends a sick kid (and I mean snotty with a slight cough, but no fever) to school??? OK so I did.

Now tell me this: Who in their right mind sends the poor sick kid to school with Taco Bell napkins in her jacket pocket???? to wipe her poor runny nose????? Ok so I did that too...and when I washed her jacket, the Taco Bell napkins came out and made a mess, so that is what I get right? I won't be winning The Mother of The Year Award anytime soon.

**************

I washed my bedding this week and found....a silver fish..............yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Need I say more????

**************

I love to sit and listen to my son play...he takes his trains or dinosaurs or cars or whatever, and plays and makes them talk, although I can't understand all the words, most of it is jibberish but it is sooooooooooooooo cute to listen to!
***************
I must say, Serena loves school! For the most part, she was sorta weepy today when I dropped her off. She has a new "friend" a boy! His name is Monty. She talks about him all the time. They held hands one day and they play with each other every day. I found a flower in her backpack this week...from Monty~ how cute is that?!? I spoke to Monty's mom this week and she told me she asked him " who is the most beautifulest girl you know?" and his reply? "Serena and she is my girlfriend" I was rollin'! :)
***************
OK so I have quit trying to potty-train Brandon...I did it for 2 weeks and he was doing well at first, he would pee in the potty every time I took him...but then he discovered if he peed in the pull-up that was ok....not....so he also kept pooping in them, which is just gross...so I have gone back to diapers and will try again in a month or so...I don't remember my oldest being this hard to potty-train...but then I have a horrible memory! LOL

Mommy's Idea

8 comments:

Mel Fraase said...

Don't worry, I'm no where near the runner's up list for Mother of the Year either!

My son was the more difficult to potty train among the two girls and him. I still have one little boy left to train and I dread it!! GOOD LUCK!!

Peek Thru Our Window said...

LOVE the Rubicon!
And so does Xman!

His latest word is BEEP (daddy has an old beater!)! All around town i hear , BEEP.

And he has now spied your pics..BEEP!

Happy friday lady!

won said...

Mother of the Year is a highly overrated concept I think! And I just (like five minutes ago just) had a conversation with two of my friends who told me they are also struggling with the potty training. So you are not alone, if that helps at all!

Coby said...

That is one pretty car! I love the color!

Ewwwww on the silver fish! Ick, ick! Last night I had THREE different dreams that a wolf spider was in my bed - I kept waking up and thrashing around. I even got out of bed and shone the light from my cell phone to make sure it wasn't real! I HATE bugs!

Good luck with the potty training! After months of not having any accidents, Baby B has decided to pee in his underwear. It's not an accident, he just doesn't want to stop playing to go pee! It's driving me nuts!

Twins Squared said...

I THOUGHT we had silver fish everywhere, til I read this! They are at least not in my bed!

Claudya Martinez said...

I think Monty has excellent taste.

StarTraci said...

You can't win Mother of the Year -- because it belongs to me, baby! (LOL -- My list of Mommy Fails is a mile long!)

I love that Jeep. If they decide they hate it, I would be happy to take it off their hands.

And Serena is beautiful -- believe me there will be many more boyfriends to follow.

I walked away from potty training my son multiple times. They do it when they want to. Giving him space is a good idea.

:-)
Traci

Matty said...

That Jeep is sweet. I'm sure it will be even better with the top off.

God bless you trying to potty train. Been there, done that.

Yep, send the kids to school. Sounds normal to me.