Well, I have not posted in a while. Have been busy with the holiday and children....mine and the ones I babysit.
This post is about LAX airport and the experience I had on Monday afternoon. Kylie had school and Hayden did not, so he went with me and the little ones to take McKayla to the airport. Her mother told her the night before to leave early because of some airport drama. When I heard that, I had no clue because we don't watch the news in this house, it is usually too negative and who wants to see that before going to bed?
So, we leave at 11:30 since I had an errand to run and we were on the freeway by 11:42 I think....plenty of time to get there. The little ones were great and Brandon even napped a little. We get there at 12:40 or so and still plenty of time, her flight was at 2:45. So, I drop Hayden and McKayla off and tell him to call me and tell me if her plane is on time, very important. So, I go to sit in the Carl's Jr parking lot down the way from the airport, since I didn't want to park and pay. I got a call from Hayden at 1:05 to tell me her flight was delayed 11 hours! I kept thinking he was joking, bu the wasn't. So, I called Ponch to let him know what was going on and made my way back to the airport. Got parked, got Brandon in the stroller and headed to the terminal where they were waiting in a long line. I got in line with McKayla and Hayden took the little ones and watched them for me. Thank God he was with me!
The lady helping us checked every airline going to Houston and checked every connecting flight and found a flight leaving the next morning at 5:35, and she would have to be there no later then 4:30 to check the bag in, which she waved the 20 dollar fee, and even offered to put her up in a hotel for the night.
We finally were done around 2:15 and the kids were starving, so back to Carl's Jr we went and ate. Got home after 4 hours of basically being in the car or the airport and I was so tired!
Poor Ponch had to get up at 2 in the morning yesterday and leave by 3, to get her there on time. Hayden, bless him, went with again. When he got home he told me her flight was delayed again but this time only an hour and a half, it was scheduled to leave at 7:00 and it was 11 minutes late according to the internet and she was to land in Houston at 12:15.
UUFDA! What a day and what a nightmare! The plane that was originally supposed to take her Monday afternoon, was the plane that got stuck in NJ, some terrorist or something, I don't know any of the details that happened on Sunday and since the plane never made it back to LA it bumped her flight and a bunch of others, according to the lady at the airport.
What a way to start the new year! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment