Friday, May 22, 2009

Door knob covers


Here is the wonderful door knob cover I placed on
our hallway door...oh about a week ago when Brandon
learned to open doors. What I didn't know, is they don't' work!
See video below for proof...

He opened this door in about 10 seconds, and his sister, who is 3.5! has a hard time opening the door! I think this kid is AMAZING! LOL or else the door knob covers just don't work! What I should do, is send a letter to the company who makes them, letting them know my 21 month old baby can open doors with them on, therefore they don't work, I not only want my money back but you need to recall them! Really, I have to lock my closet door during the day or else he can get in there and explore. When I shower, I have to lock him in the bathroom with me, or I have to lock my bedroom door, to keep him in! Pain in the butt, let me tell you! Serena was not opening doors at this age and when she did learn we put the SAME knob covers on them and she couldn't figure it out! Maybe I should create a new one and make some money! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie~ WOW!! I don't think I have ever seen a toddler work one of those, I can barely work them myself!

I had something similar happen to me this last week. I bought the cabinet lock that looks like a big U and has the slider that only moves in one direction (unless you squeeze the buttons on the side) that you loop through the cabinet handles, I now know. I put it on the cabinet KNOBS on the set below the sink in the kitchen. Believe me, that doesn't work either!

It seemed that it was on pretty well, but my 9 month old was able to jiggle it enough that it came off, just slipped right over the knobs.

If you invent a new door knob lock, take a look at inventing a lock for cabinet KNOBS and not HANDLES!