Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Something My Readers Don't Know About Me

Participating in FireWife's Not Just Another Blog Challenge...
Something You Guys (aka My Readers) Don't Know About Me:
Ok, here goes:
First, I had a job at the local Pic N Save...go ahead start laughing, but hey it was a job, right??? I did lots of zoning ( for those of you who never had a chance to work retail, it is what we called "cleaning up after customers who dump stuff all over the store in the wrong places") and I did run
the register and got so good, I decided to apply for a job at the local Wal-Mart...are you done laughing yet?? LOL
So, I got a job at Wal-mart working nights, from 6 PM to 2 AM, I chose these hours so I would be home with my kids during the day when their dad worked...I made $6.25 an hour...that doesn't make me laugh, but makes me kinda sad, when you think about it. Minimum wage now is what 7.25 or maybe even 8. 25.
I quit that job to make 8 bucks an hour when my marriage ended and I needed a better paying
job and well hours that they were in school or pre-school as the case was for my youngest.
There you have it, something you may not have known about me, rather 2 things, the first job
and the Wal-mart job.

2 comments:

Cyndy Bush said...

My sister and her (now-ex) husband both worked at Pic & Save many years ago, that's where they met! lol
I like this challenge!

StarTraci said...

Never be ashamed of any job. Sometimes I feel like companies should be ashamed at what they choose to pay their employees but you should never feel ashamed of any efforts you make to support yourself and your family. And trust me, I have had jobs far worse!
:-)
Traci