Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Not Just Another Blog Challenge

I follow this blog FireWife and she recently did a blog Not Just Another Blog Challenge and I wanted to participate.
One of the questions was: what's so great about your place of worship?
I love my church. They have Sunday School which is hard for me to get the kids to, but they do have it and that is a great thing for me. Just knowing they have it is comfort.
My church has 3 services, one at 8:00AM for those early risers, like my parents. One at 9:30 which is a Contemporary Service (not traditional by any means) which I think is more geared to the younger members, as they put the words to the music on huge screens for you to follow along and the music is piano, guitar and drums not just an organ. And my favorite: 11:00 service which is perfect for me!
My church has a "cry room" which is located near the front of the church. I used this room a lot when Brandon and Serena were babies, I would take them there when they were fussy and nurse them or change their diaper and then back to church we went. They also have a nursery you can drop your kids off so you can go to church.
My church has many bible studies, all different days and times, and some for men only and some for women only. My church also has Confirmation classes for the youth.
My church has a youth minister who is wonderful and is always doing trips for our youth. My church has an awesome Pastor, who is easy to talk to and always has great sermons to listen to. He is down to earth and has a great sense of humor.
My church has a wonderful organist, she rocks! She is also Kylie's piano teacher and she plays beautifully and I love hearing her on Sundays.
I think I could go on and on, but the best thing about my place of worship is the people who attend: they are all nice, genuine, warm and we all go because we want to learn more about God, pray and just take that 1 hour a week to dedicate to our worship, and to me, that is awesome!
< div="">
src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-
<>

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Sounds like you have a great church home!