***************
So first, school news update: A while back I wrote about Serena not having a wonderful experience in school, she was being bullied. So, I went to the principal and then to the district with some other parents to make sure our story was being heard and something was going to be done about it. The child in question, we will call him Greg, he was being so mean to this one girl, we will call her Mary. He cut her hair one time, another time he got her in a head-lock and yet another time he hit her in the cheeks so hard she had bruises. Mary's mom got her out of the classroom immediately and things have been good for her. Then Greg started picking on other kids and then some boys started copying him. They are the ones who picked on my Serena. Another girl's mom took her out of the school and put her in another school. So, after my complaint I listened to the principal tell me they are getting another teacher to assist the current teacher and they are hiring a "monitor" for Greg, someone who will keep an eye on him in the classroom (so he won't continue jumping on chairs and tables) and on the playground (so he won't pick on anyone). Let me tell you this: Serena loves the new teacher and has become Greg's friend! She was crying one morning before school because she misses her big brother and Greg came over and immediately put his arm around her and comforted her! I was amazed. Then his monitor told me he has done this before for Serena. They were the "caboose" one day in line and she was falling way behind and had her head down and he went up and put his arm around her shoulders and had her walk a bit faster to keep up with the class. I am very proud of my daughter to befriend this little boy. I firmly believe that there is something up with his parents and the way they treat him and each other at home, how else would he know to be so mean?
***************
Christmas shopping is pretty much done in my house. My husband and daughter went shopping on Black Friday and got most of it done and then that weekend we wrapped it...most of it anyways, I just have a few gifts for my Gingers and the cousins and my nieces and nephews and some friends kids to wrap! YAY for me!
***************
Why does there have to be an outage on my phone today??? Sorry but I had to vent that...
***************
I have to vent this, too. WHY DO PREGNANT WOMEN WHO KNOW THEY ARE PREGNANT DRINK, SMOKE AND DO DRUGS? This, my friends, I just cannot answer nor do I really think there is an answer for it.
***************
I love that Serena is learning songs at school! It is so cute to hear her start singing out of the blue these wonderful kid songs. She is such a happy child, always skipping around the house and now singing! :)
***************
I have to add that life is good for the moment and that life is too short, just too short.

7 comments:
We are done with Christmas too. I'm so glad, because now I can relax a little more and enjoy the season.
Bullying is such a problem, I'm glad you stayed on top of it and that your daughter is so sweet and strong to be able to friend the little boy. That's awesome!
I get the same way when I see a pregnant woman drinking / smoking or god forbid even both. I also can't stand when I see someone in a car smoking with a kiddo in the back seat and all the windows up. I just hate it.
Have a great weekend!
Wow, I'm really impressed by the turn around regarding the bullying issue. I'm glad thigs are better for Serena and I hope that little boy continues to get the help and guidance that he needs.
Serena sounds like such a sweetheart! And how impressive that the bully showed his kind side.
I'm so jealous that you're all done shopping! I have barely begun. =/
There's nothing like the sweet sound of little children singing :)
So glad to hear the school situation is working out. It sounds like that boy needed intensive behavioral support-I'm glad he's getting it now and finding success.
Happy Weekend! :)
So happy to hear that things are going well for Serena at school! This boy probably also needed some extra attention. So glad everything is working out - nothing worse than having to worry about your child!
That is an AMAZING story about Serena and "Greg." Absolutely amazing. I agree - something HAS to be going on at home - either the way the family treats each other, or behavior they've allowed to happen without disciplining it. Poor kid!
My jaw is on the floor.
Hey friend!
So glad to hear the update on the bullying. First, I am glad that your school took the problem seriously and addressed it. I also applaud your daughter (and you), however, for reaching beyond the bullying to see a kid. Bullies, especially this young, are usually acting out either from social fears or reflecting what they see at home. It doesn't justify bad behavior, but if the school can find good strategies to help this boy do better, everyone wins.
I am so jealous that you have almost finished your shopping. We have barely started. Pray for me.
:-)
Traci
Post a Comment