Well, I type this with a heavy heart. We lost Serena's fish, Memo, yesterday. Originally, I was going to replace the fish without her knowing. Daddy and I had discussed it and that is the way we wanted to handle it, she is only 4, and well we thought having her see Memo dead would be too much for her.
She found him before I could "replace" him. So, we went to the pet store and got a new fish, which she name Pikachu, after the Pokemon she likes. When I called the pet store, they told me to bring the fish and water separately, they wanted to test the water and the receipt. So, I did all that and they never did test the water....and I paid 3.73 more for the new fish...
We come home and Daddy had added some water and we put Pikachu in the water. He was swimming around and looked happy.
We get up this morning and Serena turns on the light and Pikachu is no where to be found....until I looked and looked and finally found him DEAD stuck in the plant. Poor fish but more importantly poor Serena! She was devastated, her baby fish was dead. The lady at the pet store told us he was a baby, only like 3 months old.....
Now, let me back up 2 nights ago....Brandon came out here and took the top off the tank, threw it on the floor, stuck his hands in the water and took out the filter and flung it on the couch and then proceeded to play in the water, thinking he was so cool. All this happened in a matter of minutes. As soon as I heard the top hit the floor I was just imagining what he was doing and I finished up what I was doing and rushed out to the living room. Memo was still in the tank, he didn't get a hold of him, but we think putting the filter back in with out washing it out could be the problem. Or the fact that Daddy had cleaned the table the fish tank sits on with that oily orange stuff earlier that day and Brandon had touched that before the water in the tank....that would have killed Memo for sure.
We will replace this fish, too. But we will wait until Daddy gets back from both trips, clean out the tank and make the people at the pet store test the water!
1 comment:
Oh, poor Serena! Poor you! Nobody's get's a break from the fishy death march.
Post a Comment