Thursday, April 12, 2012

Coughing and Ear Infections

I have not been able to post anything in a while.

Serena was sick the Friday before her Spring Break, was coughing and then over that weekend had a temp that went over 100. So, I took her to the doc and she had an ear infection and was put in an antibiotic and was given meds for the ear pain.

I did not take Brandon to the doc, he seemed to just have a cold....but was coughing up a storm.

So, a few days later, he was still coughing and then had a fever of 101.1...the same as his sister. This was just this past Saturday, just before Easter...

We spent Easter at home, he had another fever and I just didn't think we should be going to church or to family's homes, so he could be comfortable at home and so he didn't infect anyone else.

So, I took him to the doc on Tuesday and he was diagnosed with Asthma symptoms. He needs breathing treatments and an oral steroid. Then, after 4 days of that he goes to a different medication in the nebulizer and will do preventative breathing treatments, one time a night for the next 3 months. I am down with this as long as he will get better. The doc said most do not to the preventative breathing treatments and end up in the ER when their kid can't breath.

Here we are Thursday. Serena is complaining that her ear hurts and of a headache. I am hoping she can make it thru the weekend since I have another doc appointment for both kids on Monday morning, for a recheck.

I am hoping they feel better by Sunday so we can go to church and they can wear their cute, matching Easter outfits.

Did I mention I feel like crap, too?? Oh well I have been coughing up a lung for the last week along with congestion like no other and waking up thru the night in coughing fits, so bad so, I take medicine and go to the couch to sleep and cough so my husband can get rest, but this isn't working out too well anyways, because then Brandon comes into our bed...

1 comment:

Twins Squared said...

Aww - I'm sorry they were sick on Easter. Nothing worse than kids being sick for a holiday, vacation or a big event! Hopefully they are getting better. Kaitlyn has allergy-induced asthma, so when she's sick, then she develops asthma symptoms. And she used to get sick a ton but has been doing allergy shots for the last FIVE years and is so much better than what she used to be. But yeah, we became good friends with the nebulizer (the breathing machine) as we named it. It's a bit of a nuisance but hopefully it will help. Hope you all are on the mend by now!