Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Fragments ~ Birthdays, Christmas and Guns

Welcome to another addition of FF's (Friday Fragments!) LOL I am so glad that Mrs. 4444's hosts this awesome forum, so I can finally get caught up!

Ok, first Ponch's cake. It was my husband's birthday waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in November, the 27th to be precise. Here is the cake I got for him...since he loves the Raiders.

oh and his balloons, a white, black and silver one, too!
***************
Moving right along to my Christmas tree! I took the kids out in December one night, before Christmas, to see Santa and when I got home this is what my husband surprised me with! We didn't have a tree last year and I really wanted one for this year, well ok, last year, whatever!

Brandon at my parents house on Christmas Eve...
**************

Now, moving to January, here is the cake for my dad that Ponch came up with...

The number 24 was "added" to his sweater, originally it said Boston and well we changed it. The number is a joke, it is Kobe's jersey number and we did it in purple, the Laker's colors! My dad is a "Laker Hater especially Kobe" so we all got a laugh out of it!


Here is my dad and his friend, Lewis. Celebrating his birthday. I have to say, Lewis is more then just a friend to my dad and mom. He has taken over the roll of a father figure, since both my parents don't have a dad anymore...he is also great grandpa to all the grand kids.

***************

ok, so now I am caught up...sort of...LOL I am always a day late and a dollar short, but that is just how I roll. I have accepted it now you need to, LOL I have not blogged on a regular basis in a long time and I really do miss it. I just run out of time during the day. I have mentioned before that Brandon no longer naps and that was my blogging time, to read and write. I no longer have that time, so I have to find the time and make it my blogging time.
***************
I wasn't going to be a negative nilly today, but I have to say I don't get it why kids bring guns, did I mention a loaded gun to school, or anywhere for that matter and it goes off and shoots one kid in the neck the bullet then comes out and goes into another kids head...I don't get why a 15 yr old needs to jump off a building 10 stories high and kill himself. I think parents need to really TALK to their kids more about things so these things don't happen anymore.

Mommy's Idea

2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

It's so sad when kids feel they have no choice but to take desperate measures like that.

It's great to hear from you again--I'm grateful for the update. It looks like you've been having fun :)

Have a great week! Here's hoping you get some "me-time."

Coby said...

I was wondering where you were! Now I get it: no more naptime = no more bloggy time. I understand. Hubby takes the laptop with him to work during the day, and at night he's working on his degree (on the computer). Hence, I don't blog or read as much! Oh well, 'tis life!