resulting in a trip to the ER of Camarillo...
He got stitches and luckily his finger was not broken.
Here he is, not a happy camper at all. It was a horrible night at the ER. He stopped crying on the way there and then when the admitting nurse looked at it and put a band aid on it, he started crying again. He did ok, until a few hours later when the ER doc came in to give him the shots to numb his finger, then he cried really hard because it hurt.
The next day, Serena gave him her small Disney Princess pillow to put his hurt hand on, she is so sweet!
Here they are having some breakfast, notice his hand on the pillow. She is a great big sis!
Here he is with a spoon in his hurt hand and the other hand is fishing out the animal crackers. It was the ring finger on his right hand, he is right handed, but he is sure doing a lot now with the left.
He finally fell asleep, needing a nap, I am sure. Poor baby! I think it was a horrible experience for him, me and his daddy.I stayed by his head while they stitched him up and daddy actually watched them do it. It was a deep cut and he will loose the nail.
We went to the ped today and she says his finger will be ok, and to not keep all that stuff on it you see in these pics, but rather a band aid and some Neosporin, and time. It will take at least 30 days or longer for the nail to grow back and she said it will be bumpy, but it will eventually be smooth and normal after time.
1 comment:
Oh nooo!! Poor little guy! I'd be a mess! Hope he feels better SOON!
Sooo - - how are you weaning? I haven't been able to find much info re: wether or not to go to Whole Milk - if needed - and how much! Just kinda "add more water & solids" from the Nurse I called...and cutting out night feedings? Good LUCK! I just want to get a full night's sleep & not have to worry about pumping when we're gone 10 hrs doing a Wedding! "-)
Post a Comment